« Home | Proust in Salemtown »

Donnie Baseball


Before his back went out, this man's (Don Mattingly) swing was the prototype. Currently the hitting coach for the Yankee and former Nashville Sound, Donnie baseball is the epitome of grace and class in the world of baisbol (the only sport that really matters).

I'm posting this because I love this game and love the way this man played the game, as opposed to the artificial way that the McGwires, Bonds, and Sosa's have plied their trade. I'm posting this becuase I am saddened today to hear that Raffy Palmiero has been suspended for some type of drug usage.

Mattingly's career doesn't merit literal Hall of Fame entry. His healthy years just don't provide enough HOF fodder, but if class could get you in the joint, Donnie Baseball would be Saint Peter of Cooperstown.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Previous posts

Links