« Home | Learning to drive with a hole in your soul, or, wh... » | Smokin' Links » | Unlike REM, Harold can say he loves Jesus, or, Cal... » | Separate the signal from the noise, or, Kerry is N... » | Happy PG-13 Halloween!! » | Hey, let's break up a family - The Claudia Núñez s... » | Stormy Monday - Anniversary of Duane Allman's death » | Any race cards in this deck? » | I've gotta be me, or at least one out of 147... » | We wanna dance with your dates, or, Titan Football... »

As promised, Lee marched into Nashville

Our blogging friend Lee of Digital Nicotine fame gamboled down our way for some barbecue at the Mothership and a meal with fellow bloggers. Luckily for Lee, the blogger feast was more than me..Aunt B and Big Orange Michael (who may soon be renamed 'Medium Orange Michael', but that's a story for another day) all 'cued up to the table.

Lee asked Michael if we ever got sick of the song 'Rocky Top'..while Michael was explaining that not only does a TRUE Tennessee fan NOT get sick of the song, a TRUE Tennessee fan would make it the centerpiece of their wedding(s), I was feigning illness, but we started laughing when Michael explained that if a Tennessee fan was ever in trouble, all they would have to do is sing 'R. Top' in a loud voice, and true fans in the environs would come to the rescue, kind of a redneck version of the 'Bat signal'.

At a nearby table a solitary guy was slinging back some bbq and occasionally glancing our way with a devilish grin. Just as we were about to finish he introduced himself - Holy Cats..it was SMANTIX! I didn't see any horns, pitchfork or tail, and if there was a dash of sulpher in the air, I missed it. Smantix was funny, interesting and once again did not look anything like what I would have guessed (and no..I really didn't think he would resemble any form of Beelzebub). If I was in a contest trying to match blogger's faces with their blog (which somebody should do...) I would finish dead last, I'm sure. I'm glad Smantix decided to join us.

Of course, the main event was Lee's foray into Nashville. Lee made me feel old (not intentionally...he's just young). He's funny, intelligent and inching away from the social conservatism of his youth into the hotbed of libertarianism...Sarcastro and Coble strike again!

Good times. Next time, Lee, give some advance notice, and we'll make sure you see more of Nashville at night than the greater, shiver, Rivergate area.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links