« Home | Welcome to Salemtown - Which way are we tipping? » | Why wait until 2008 for a solution to 'Eau de Sale... » | Married to an artist, OR Oedipus lost » | Duct, Duct, goose, goose » | As of TODAY... » | Help me get my feet back on the ground.. » | Going, going, gone - Brown Down! » | Inarticulate speech of the heart or Can you hear u... » | Junebug gets it right » | God destroys Jefferson Davis home »

the angels wanna wear my red shoes...


Apparently the Catholic church is cracking down on gays attempting to enter Catholic seminaries. According to the NY Times the church is conducting a review of Catholic seminaries to ensure that gays are screened OUT of admission. The American archbishop supervising the seminary review said last week that "anyone who has engaged in homosexual activity or has strong homosexual inclinations," should not be admitted to a seminary. Given my saturation in the world of Seinfield I always expect a statement like that to be followed with 'not that there is anything wrong with that'. Perhaps the Times omitted that portion of the interview.

I'm not a Catholic so I have no real standing in this issue, but questions must be raised concerning the vetting of anyone who 'has strong homosexual inclinations'. Has the Catholic church developed some kind of 'gay-dar'? Perhaps Google, in their quest for world domination, is working on some bio-search software that the Church has secreted in the bowels of the Vatican.

Is the church administering some kind of questionaire including questions like: Did your heart skip a beat when you read that Judy Garland's red slippers from The Wizard of Oz were going to auctioned? Does the quiz include an audio portion where testers could judge applicant reaction to New Order's 'Bizarre Love Triangle'?

I'm not saying these are good, discerning or fair questions, but inquiring minds need to know!

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links