« Home | the angels wanna wear my red shoes... » | Welcome to Salemtown - Which way are we tipping? » | Why wait until 2008 for a solution to 'Eau de Sale... » | Married to an artist, OR Oedipus lost » | Duct, Duct, goose, goose » | As of TODAY... » | Help me get my feet back on the ground.. » | Going, going, gone - Brown Down! » | Inarticulate speech of the heart or Can you hear u... » | Junebug gets it right »

What's so funny about PC understanding or Peeved by PC

Ok, do you know ONE person who claims that they are truly politically correct without a trace of irony in their voice? Nobody.

Political correctness has evolved from a serious issue which examined the line between forthrightness and boorish, rude commentary. Today people use the 'PC' straw man to make statements that are rude, boorish, and often racist.

There is a huge difference between the silliness of PC and racism.

PC means you can't criticize someone because they are a minority or that you can't treat them as harshly because they are a minority.

PC states that any derivitive of white male Europeans is suspect because white male Europeans have been historically the oppressing, slave-holding class.

Ironically, these examples of PC are not only stupid, but racist.

Unfortunately, more and more people are using the stupidity of PC to mask their racist and stupid statements. Anybody who claims that what they are about to say is NOT PC and then makes a statement like 'black people all ______' or 'no black people are _________' is making a racist ignorant statement. Arguing against this type of statement is not being politically correct. In fact, arguing against this nonsense is the morally correct thing to do.

I'm sick of racist, boorish, rude statements made about any group of people by anyone acting like they are being so brave, brave enough to thwart the politically correct crowd. There isn't a politically correct crowd in the adult world outside of a few college campuses. Few people seriously dream of being politically correct.

Historically, you always knew that someone was about to make a hideously racist statement when they prefaced their words with 'I'm not a racist, but......". Nowadays, when someone brags about their political correctness, watch what comes out next..often some 'bold' statement that most people wouldn't make in front of the very people (or types of people) of whom they are talking.

On the other hand, I can state emphatically that many years of caucasian genes combined with 5 generations of church of Christ in my blood have rendered my dancing genes to a state little more than the lizard DNA lurking deep within my cortexes. I'd be really pissed about it, but all my white male european forebearer types have all died off and there's nobody I can yell at...

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links