« Home | "You don't have to look, you don't have to see.. » | I sing the voice mail Electric - lost in the ohm-zone » | I know 1618 6th Avenue North, and this is no 1618 ... » | Nuts and Boltons... » | Donnie Baseball » | Proust in Salemtown »

Listen up!

For a good time, listen to Amadou & Mariam, a blind couple from western Africa who I guarantee will make you dance (or if you are like me, move somewhat rhythmically to the beat without veering into the art form known as dance). In fact, I'll guarantee that if you listen to at least two songs by A & M you will be moving in your chair or up hopping around. They are undoubtedly dance infectious.

Great guitar with marimbas thrown in with some percussive bounce bounce bounce.

Current release: "Dimance A Bamako"

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links