« Home | Reasons to keep living....Part 1 » | Hey, hey, you, get off of that schadenfreude cloud.. » | It never rains in Southern California and pitchers... » | Today's prayer - God give me patience.. » | Those darn Downing Street Memos & A bonus from Maggie » | Rove's Secret Message to Dobson - REVEALED! » | I wanna take you Miers... » | Redneck Survival Kit » | What to get your favorite conservative... » | oh yeah, THAT genocide »

The MIGHTY Pujols did NOT strike out..

in fact he hit a Ruthian home run in the 9th to pull the Cardinals from behind the Astros and scored the run which eventually won the game.

The team that I predicted would win the World Series (the Cards) was on life support and ready to be 'coded' in the 9th inning of the game tonight. A loss would send the Cards home and guarantee that Busch Stadium would be obliterated without another home Cardinal game (Cards are getting a new stadium next year).

From the time any kid starts throwing a ball up in the air and hitting (or attempts hitting) that ball, he/she is imagining a home run in the 9th inning to win a big game. In my mind, there were always two men on and my team was losing by two runs. I was either Mickey Mantle or Roger Maris and we always pulled it out...Tonight Albert Pujols stepped into the role of the Babe, The Natural, and Mickey and hit one out for the entire Cardinal nation, including several thousand kids who'll be channeling Pujols the next time they throw that ball up in the air and swing into nothing but the infinite possibilities that life has to offer and the eternal bliss of a game-winning 9th inning home run.

Go Cards!

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links