« Home | Scarlito's way » | The Beaman Park Squirrel-Eating Monster » | Today's Personal Responsibility Award, or 'But, Tr... » | See you in the funny papers? » | If Fox News had been around throughout history... » | It only hurts when I pump...Thanks Exxon..thanks 1... » | Outside of Kinky Friedman... » | Why don't we just give them Texas - $10,000,000,00... » | Today's theme song comes Richard and Linda Thompson.. » | If only Bush had listened to himself.... »

Halloween in Salemtown

Last year we ran out of candy and had to 'go dark' before the end of the trick or treat processional. I love a neighborhood with lots of kids. This year we were READY.

We had 28 groups of Trick or Treaters including over 80 people. We had lots of Titans, several Titan cheerleaders, only one kid with a 'Scream' mask, 5 princesses, 1 Lucy Liu (whooohooo), 1 ladybug (S-TownMike's adorable daughter who tried to give ME candy), 10 bandits and one BEAUTIFUL Catwoman. No ghosts or cowboys (i guess that's my nostalgia...).

There was one 60ish woman with cat makeup who appeared with no kids in tow. We had two men who were driving by who saw our lights and pulled over and started laughing and asked for candy. They appeared to be in their 30s and thankfully not masked.

When I lived on Caldwell (close to Lipscomb) we had 1 or 2 trick or treaters each year. I know I beat this drum regularly, but having sidewalks makes a lot of difference...

Halloween in Salemtown....I love it.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links