« Home | A conservative still can't say anything racist, or... » | My own ESP, or good GRIEF, how large is that finger.. » | Ridiculous waste of time.. » | I don't think the headings are big enough.. » | Border guards on the Hernando-Desoto, or, Be caref... » | He delivered a WHAT, or, I can't hear you, I have ... » | Now, one-stop screwing the poor, or, how much woul... » | Is that an amorphophallus in your pocket, or hey, ... » | Steve McNair 2.0 or, Can you read this scoreboard? » | Coffee shop, sorta, comes to Salemtown-Germantown ... »

Something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear

Taking a few steps away from the furor of the recent terrorist plot, a few things begin to smell a bit fishy. I should say here that I really don't believe there was any grand conspiracy to boost Bush n' Blair in the polls, but on the other hand, I do believe there are elements in the Bush admin. that are not above making political gold out of terrorist straw.

While not a conspiracy, maybe there WAS a little more celebrating than necessary, and further proof that most of the MSM bought into the official story hook (as well as line and sinker)

Craig Little, a former English ambassador (I found this via Andrew Sullivan) has some interesting points:

None of the alleged terrorists had made a bomb. None had bought a plane ticket. Many did not even have passports, which given the efficiency of the UK Passport Agency would mean they couldn't be a plane bomber for quite some time.

In the absence of bombs and airline tickets, and in many cases passports, it could be pretty difficult to convince a jury beyond reasonable doubt that individuals intended to go through with suicide bombings, whatever rash stuff they may have bragged in internet chat rooms......


Then an interrogation in Pakistan revealed the details of this amazing plot to blow up multiple planes - which, rather extraordinarily, had not turned up in a year of surveillance. Of course, the interrogators of the Pakistani dictator have their ways of making people sing like canaries. As I witnessed in Uzbekistan, you can get the most extraordinary information this way. Trouble is it always tends to give the interrogators all they might want, and more, in a desperate effort to stop or avert torture. What it doesn't give is the truth.


Yeah, there are some awful people who would like to do us harm, but a little time and a little more dispassionate thought does put a different shine on the story, as well as making a person think that perhaps the 'gel', 'liquid' and 'mascara' ban on airplanes really isn't making us any safer. On the other hand, the Walgreens of this world in destination locations are making out like bandits...

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links