« Home | Steve McNair 2.0 or, Can you read this scoreboard? » | Coffee shop, sorta, comes to Salemtown-Germantown ... » | Hutchmo's World of Entertainment » | hmmm, I thought we were fighting back terrorism in... » | Frankly speaking, I don't think she is taking it w... » | The one where I have to explain things...(about Li... » | Ain't nothin' but a 'C' thing baaaaby * » | The open letter to Corker - Be like ME! » | What gives you the aye-thor-i-tie? » | My other life.. »

Is that an amorphophallus in your pocket, or hey, it's been since 1939 so shut up (and hold your nose)

This post is about a Titan that really stinks. Not just kinda stinks, but waste-water-plant with a 4-day-backup-8-dead-skunks-in-the-middle-of-the-road rankness.

I'm not talking about any of our current Titans despite the fact that they continue to drop passes that literally are gifts from above dropping in their freaking hands.

I'm talking about a blooming plant in the Brooklyn Botanical Garden that hasn't bloomed since 1939. It's the amorphophallus titan and it grows up to 7 inches a day. It's also known for it's rotting corpse-like 'scent' and literally attracts hundreds, if not thousands of spectators a day.

Below is a capture from the Brooklyn Botanical Garden webcam that literally watches the smelly rarely blooming plant grow 24/7.




The plant was imported from Sumatra and can grow to a height of seven feet.

Now that T-Rac, our Titans mascot, may be in trouble for running over one of the Saint's quarterbacks it might be time for a new mascot (probably not, since it was an opponent quarterback..but, if it was Vince Young, we would be sending flowers to the T-Rac family)...anyway, maybe this plant could be the new mascot..but only if it went to AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaay games.

ht: NY Times

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links