« Home | "I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone it... » | In case you missed it, or, Why is it that we went ... » | Note to self: WEAR PAJAMAS! » | Hot blooded, check it and see, does the Gov have a... » | Oh geeze, I thought you said BAT phone, or, Won't ... » | Osama Bin Forgotten, or, I guess we gotta go after... » | Maybe this will work out better than that Andrew Y... » | Hey Rummy, was this part of your plan.., or, is wa... » | Those little lazy bastards.... » | Welcome to America, or, Beep Beep, beat the Coyote... »

Can you believe those first-amendment hating activists lobbying a TV network not to show a movie before they have EVEN seen it!

Do you think a TV network should back down to a bunch of politically motivated activists just because those activists don't think a politically themed movie is fair or presents a clear picture of an important aspect of our national history?

What's wrong with you people? What are you folks thinking?

Oh yeah, it happened already. CBS was going to air a movie about Ronald Reagan that conservatives thought portrayed their iconic leader unfairly. These activists raised such hell that CBS capitulated and didn't run the movie.

I'm sure these same activists, many of whom are now sprouting blogs are still fighting for what is fair, and surely are protesting ABC's depiction of the pre-9/11 years of the Clinton administration, complete with scenes fabricated and distorted. I'm sure these folks want to be consistent right? Surely they wouldn't critisize folks who are asking ABC to do the right thing?

hmmmmmmm...guess not.

I would like to know why ABC released preview editions of this movie to prominent conservatives and neglected to give middle of the road and progressive types a shot at the movie, and more importantly why they didn't send previews to the people who actually were PART of the event the film portrays.

I'm smelling hyprocrisy here. Yeah, ABC is admitting here in the states that the film is Disney-like in it's accuracy. But, as S-townMike points out, the film is being advertised world-wide as WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

I didn't care for Oliver Stone's version of the Kennedy assassination because I never knew watching the film what was historical and what had sprung from the fertile mind of Stone. I hope the folks around the world and here in the US who bother to watch this realize that this concoction has similiar import and in the word of Stephen Colbert, it only contains 'truthiness' - the truth that the neo-con sycophants want you to see.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links