« Home | In case you missed it, or, Why is it that we went ... » | Note to self: WEAR PAJAMAS! » | Hot blooded, check it and see, does the Gov have a... » | Oh geeze, I thought you said BAT phone, or, Won't ... » | Osama Bin Forgotten, or, I guess we gotta go after... » | Maybe this will work out better than that Andrew Y... » | Hey Rummy, was this part of your plan.., or, is wa... » | Those little lazy bastards.... » | Welcome to America, or, Beep Beep, beat the Coyote... » | Laboring to figure out a solution, or, do illegal ... »

"I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone it, People Like Me!"




Let's try this again, I don't know how good I am, and I really hope that SOME people like me, but I do know that I was smart enough to win Ceelcee's internet scavenger hunt which resulted in a free (free-to-me) meal at The Mothership. I knew that Chris was going to be fun to meet based on his blog and all those 'doggone' people who sing his praises.

Not only did I get to dine with the 'C', 'Dr' Woo was there with his camera taking some rather cheesy shots, along with the Cobles* and Malia. In the middle of the whole deal, Captain Video, Blake Wylie showed up and ate with us. All in all, it was a great lunch - the best bbq in Nashville - and some of the best company a blogger could have.

I'm not sure that I would have met any of these folks if I wasn't a blogger. I can't say if my blog has edified anyone, but the off-shoot of having a blog - meeting other bloggers - has sure edified me, doggone it.

P.S. If for no other reason (and actually there are plenty of reasons) than Kat recommending watching 'The Corner' on HBO's on-demand, I am grateful to know Kat who continues to create one of the best-written blogs in the Tennessee world o' blogs.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links