« Home | Naked came the superintendant, or, he's gonna have... » | Well, at least we have the Afghan economy working ... » | Open or shut case » | Apparently these moonbats didn't get the memo abou... » | North End denizen dines south, 12th South Taproom ... » | Where have all the 'he-males' gone... » | Proud and nervous Papa in Nashville » | In other news...a little perspective here » | Important Cultural Note, or a Bridge not far enoug... » | Why is this man smiling, or, Let's gin out Rummy »

Laboring to figure out a solution, or, do illegal immigrants get Labor day off?

Here's a fun Labor day fact...illegal immigrants compose 5% of the labor force in the good old U.S.A. Yep, 7.2 million folks in the workforce ain't exactly legal.

Here's another fun fact..the last year Clinton was President, 417 businesses were cited and fined for hiring illegal immigrants. In 2004 (the last year in which I could find statistics), a whopping 4 businesses were cited.

My guess is that the bizness folks have the trump card on the Pat Buchanan types of this world, if these Bush stats are telling me anything. I'm guessing the Minutemen aren't getting their funding from agricultural concerns.

To keep these folks out, we better cut back on those pesky immigrant enticers: JOBS.



Here we see the cleaning crew for the new Harding Road Wal-Mart getting ready for their orientation.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....I'm grateful to live in a country where people want to get in, and not flee.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links