« Home | How about starting in Salemtown? » | Tired of those mind-control rays infiltrating your... » | Forget the Anglo-Saxons..we've got Normans » | Listen up! » | "You don't have to look, you don't have to see.. » | I sing the voice mail Electric - lost in the ohm-zone » | I know 1618 6th Avenue North, and this is no 1618 ... » | Nuts and Boltons... » | Donnie Baseball » | Proust in Salemtown »

Elvis still dead, marriage goes on

Back in 1977 on August 14th, Lynn and I tied the proverbial knot. We had a short honeymoon (we were soooooooooooooo broke) that ended two days later when Elvis died. The death of the King didn't really curtail our honeymoon so much as the lack of honeymoon financial endowment, but it did put a strange coda on an otherwise blissful connubilation.

On a silver lining note, I don't have any trouble remembering my anniversary.

This past Sunday (14th) I got to drink two bottles of magnesium citrate. If you don't know what that is...look it up. For most of my anniversaries I really try to 'clean up'. For this one, I cleaned out....Probably won't forget this one either...

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links