« Home | The waiting Game » | Stings and arrows of a coffeehouse-less neighborhood » | Yep, Senator Frist is running for Pres... » | Elvis still dead, marriage goes on » | How about starting in Salemtown? » | Tired of those mind-control rays infiltrating your... » | Forget the Anglo-Saxons..we've got Normans » | Listen up! » | "You don't have to look, you don't have to see.. » | I sing the voice mail Electric - lost in the ohm-zone »

Listen up!



Even though I can no longer listen to internet radio at work (that pesky bandwidth problem), I still am a regular devotee (at home) of the best internet radio station I've ever encountered
Radio Paradise.

Listed below is a playlist for a recent segment..not that playlists are such exciting reading, but I've never heard an over-the-air or internet station that 'spins' the diversity exemplified by the list below. By the way, what word replaces 'spins' for what disk jockeys do these days?. I doubt many of these folks are actually spinning vinyl. The jocks at Radio Paradise broadcast MP3s..Is this digi-casting??

4:11 pm - Groove Armada - Think Twice
4:07 pm - Damien Rice - Delicate
4:00 pm - Soul Coughing - The Incumbent
3:54 pm - Pink Martini - No Hay Problema
3:50 pm - Deborah Harry - Calmarie
3:45 pm - Björk - Come To Me
3:40 pm - Matt Pond PA - Closest (Look Out)
3:35 pm - Sonic Youth - New Hampshire
3:31 pm - Snow Patrol - Somewhere a Clock is Ticking
3:25 pm - Roger Waters - What God Wants (part 1)
3:20 pm - Dandy Warhols - Godless
3:15 pm - DJ Shadow - Mongrel Meets His Maker
3:13 pm - Eels - Blinking Lights
3:08 pm - Hem - Leave Me Here
3:03 pm - Emmylou Harris - Wrecking Ball
3:00 pm - Big Head Todd & The Monsters - Riviera
2:55 pm - Smashing Pumpkins - Drown
2:49 pm - The Who - Love, Reign O'er Me
2:43 pm - Peter Gabriel - Sky Blue
2:39 pm - Kula Shaker - Tattva
2:34 pm - Béla Fleck - Magic Fingers
2:29 pm - Grand National - Talk Amongst Yourselves
2:25 pm - Porcupine Tree - Stranger By The Minute
2:19 pm - Yo La Tengo - Autumn Sweater
2:17 pm - Blood Oranges - Bridges
2:12 pm - Malcolm Holcombe - Goin' Home

I enjoy Lightning 100 here in town, but even they don't go this 'deep'....

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links