« Home | Elvis still dead, marriage goes on » | How about starting in Salemtown? » | Tired of those mind-control rays infiltrating your... » | Forget the Anglo-Saxons..we've got Normans » | Listen up! » | "You don't have to look, you don't have to see.. » | I sing the voice mail Electric - lost in the ohm-zone » | I know 1618 6th Avenue North, and this is no 1618 ... » | Nuts and Boltons... » | Donnie Baseball »

Yep, Senator Frist is running for Pres...

According to MSNBC, Frist is touting that 'Intelligent Design' be taught to school children as an antidote (my wording) to evolution. Personally, I think if there was intelligent design, there wouldn't be a designated hitter in baseball and McDonalds would only serve coffee and french fries.

I believe in God and I certainly think He/She was smart enough to come up with evolution, but belief in God is not science. Belief is faith. Science can co-exist with religion, but science is about hypothesis, thesis and antithesis and evolving truth. Organized religion has always had trouble with scientific theory when it got in the way of perceived truth: Galileo, Watson & Crick and Copernicus come to mind.

You can't test intelligent design. If you can't test it, it ain't science.

The best response to this intelligent design stuff is in the current edition of The Onion. Check it out!

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links