« Home | Another Salemtown gated offering from Terry R & Cr... » | Too good to pass up » | More fun with 1618 » | All the news that's waste to print » | Sludge happens.. » | In the words of Yosemite Sam...WHATTA MAROON » | Crye-Lieke a baby... » | I'd be a lot more scared if Rush was under my bed... » | Who WAS on first? » | A cool mapping site (even though Salemtown not inc... »

Some of the news from 5th and Garfield

Some workers are putting up a sign on the empty lot that used to hold the ugly yellow market (as opposed to the ugly light blue market up the street which at least serves incredibly good cheeseburgers). I talked to one of the men a few minutes ago and he stated they were going to put up townhouses on the site. The previous word on the street was that it was going to be combo office/residential, but Bill Eason (developer who knows what is going on) told me that everytime he talked to the developers, he got a different answer regarding what is going to be built on 5th and Garfield.

I guess we'll see, but I hope they aren't going to propose $300,000+ townhouses or the empty lot will remain as undeveloped as Pat Robertson's brain.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links