« Home | Oh, those funny church signs... » | Ladies and gentlemen, the comedy stylings of Ann C... » | Research Even Mary Could Love » | One More Time with the Stem Cells » | Death throes, or Ladies and Gentlemen, here's what... » | Tell the same lie long enough and maybe people wil... » | The gang that couldn't serve straight, or, Tennis ... » | Scotty no longer an earthly tarrier, or, A Geek do... » | Rewinding the stem stuff, or cell away, cell away.. » | Middle Tennesse Bloggers Group who actually Podcas... »

Blogging from Beirut

Thanks to Clicked, I found the blog of a cartoonist, musician Mazen Kerban. The blog is called Kerblog. I understand that there are probably bloggers and cartoonists who tell a similiar story from the Israeli side. Kerban's cartoons give us a perspective we don't get to see very often.

The cartoon to the left is entitled Qana (we know it as Cana). I do know that what happened at Qana puts the lie to the story that the Israelis are only bombing strategic targets. I understand that a temporary cease fire may be in effect now as a result of this tragedy.

What I do not understand is why it takes this kind of a tragedy to get to a cease-fire. I also understand that the Arab world was largely critical of the Hezbollah movement until the bombing started. Is this what Israel REALLY wants?

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links