« Home | Blogging from Beirut » | Oh, those funny church signs... » | Ladies and gentlemen, the comedy stylings of Ann C... » | Research Even Mary Could Love » | One More Time with the Stem Cells » | Death throes, or Ladies and Gentlemen, here's what... » | Tell the same lie long enough and maybe people wil... » | The gang that couldn't serve straight, or, Tennis ... » | Scotty no longer an earthly tarrier, or, A Geek do... » | Rewinding the stem stuff, or cell away, cell away.. »

International trade deadline, or Make mine a gibson

If you are a baseball fan like I am, then you know that today was the trading deadline for major league baseball teams. Not a big deal to the non or casual baseball fan, but almost a holiday for those of us who dwell in the temple of baseball. Of particular interest to me in the last day or two was the fact that my Yankees picked up a stellar right-fielder named Bobby Abreu for little or nothing, much to the despair of thousands of Philadelphians, and at least two Nashvillians.

There was a fun trading frenzy today, albeit bereft of the big names everyone expected to be traded. All the trade talk made me think....what if there was an international trading day where people outside the confines of baseball or sports could be traded?

Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan and Nicole Richey for a flat of smoked Norwegian salmon might be a good deal, or better yet, how about Mel Gibson to the Hezbollah for those two Israeli prisoners? I'd be willing to extend the deadline for THAT trade for quite some time.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links