« Home | Another View » | Stem the veto, President Bush » | Well, it's not in East Tennessee, or maybe he can ... » | My new favorite quote..or, If you want a theocracy... » | There's low comedy, high comedy, unintentional com... » | If I could have any wish....Hilleary v. Hillary ce... » | Please, please don't let the wrong people get hold... » | Kicking the stubborn Americans where it hurts, or,... » | All-Star Game at an All-Star Park » | No downtime for Hitler, or, Frankly speaking, can'... »

She jumped in before I had a chance to explain...

I was going to introduce my SLIGHTLY younger sister*, but typically she bum rushed the show and already starting disagreeing with me before I had a chance to open the door.

I love my sister more than almost any human, living or dead. I trust her as much as I trust anyone in the world. She is a good writer and she is intelligient. We agree that the sky is blue** and that day follows night. We pretty much part ways beyond those two items. Margaret is pretty much what I would call a classic conservative. I'm really not all THAT liberal, but compared to her, I look Trotsky-like.

I invited her to post as much or as little as she wants to Salem's Lots. I didn't necessarily ask her to 'counter-point' what I have to say, because what she has to say is actually pretty interesting on it's own without anything to rebut.

I really don't know who actually reads this blog (with a few exceptions). I'm grateful to anyone who lands here and reads a bit, whether it was by choice or chance. I'm saying that because Margaret made an assumption that most of the people who read this are progressive/lib types..I don't really know that to be the case, but I'm grateful for any reader from any reach of the political or personal taxonomy.

*definitely an EM (first definition)

** Actually, John, the sky is...blah blah blah

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links