« Home | Who would Jesus torture? » | Those liberal moonbat definitions of democracy » | Yesterday, it was the blond heiress, today it's th... » | Shout out to the Grascals and Sista, or, All Smiff... » | Culture Notes, or, Is Stars Hollow burning... » | Hello, my name is George, and I am a racist.. » | 5th Avenue is gettin' arty - Arts in the Arcade is... » | Studio 60, episode 2 - wow, or, boom goes the dyna... » | Here's a fun family photo, or, hey Fatima, don't c... » | My life in the danger zone... »

Last comic standing, or, THIS explains a LOTT


In a contest between Larry the Cable Guy and Trent Lott for the funniest act in 2006, I'm going with Trent...Here's Trent in his own words:

President Bush barely mentioned the war in Iraq when he met with Republican senators behind closed doors in the Capitol Thursday morning and was not asked about the course of the war, Sen. Trent Lott, R-Mississippi, said.

"No, none of that," Lott told reporters after the session when asked if the Iraq war was discussed. "You're the only ones who obsess on that. We don't and the real people out in the real world don't for the most part."

Lott went on to say he has difficulty understanding the motivations behind the violence in Iraq.

"It's hard for Americans, all of us, including me, to understand what's wrong with these people," he said. "Why do they kill people of other religions because of religion? Why do they hate the Israelis and despise their right to exist? Why do they hate each other? Why do Sunnis kill Shiites? How do they tell the difference? They all look the same to me."


There's so much here..If Bush isn't bothered with the war in Iraq, and the Republican party really doesn't think that 'the REAL WORLD' cares, then the reason why the post-war has gone so poorly becomes a lot clearer. Actually, in fairness, I don't think that Lott represents the Republican party on this..I think he represents the 'STUPID-DUMBASS Party' (there is some overlap). I can't imagine the Bush folks being real pleased by Lott's mental lapses, and I suspect the back bench he sits on in the Senate will be moved to an ante-room.

My favorite part though is the last part where he talks about Iraq. He says he doesn't understand the violence in Iraq. If he had say, picked up a freakin' history book in the last 20 years and was able to color comprehend the lessons learned, he might understand there's been a fissure or two for ummmm, the last few HUNDRED YEARS.

One would have to assume he is still baffled by the Japanese attacking China and Viet Nam in World War II, since those people had to be confused as to who they were fighting, since THEY all look alike.

So, too bad about all those non-real-world people who are dying in Iraq, and the families of those non-real-world soldiers here in America...you're no longer Page 1...you're back in the Living section next to the funny papers, funny papers that should be featuring my new comic hero - Trent Lott. I may be white, but I don't wanna look like you, Trent.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links