« Home | Last comic standing, or, THIS explains a LOTT » | Who would Jesus torture? » | Those liberal moonbat definitions of democracy » | Yesterday, it was the blond heiress, today it's th... » | Shout out to the Grascals and Sista, or, All Smiff... » | Culture Notes, or, Is Stars Hollow burning... » | Hello, my name is George, and I am a racist.. » | 5th Avenue is gettin' arty - Arts in the Arcade is... » | Studio 60, episode 2 - wow, or, boom goes the dyna... » | Here's a fun family photo, or, hey Fatima, don't c... »

Shout out to my Senator, or, when they do an autopsy on this session of congress they'll have trouble finding the heart...



Just wanted to say thanks to Senator Frist and his party-mates for not extending tax breaks to us middle-class folks for college tuition AND for not extending tax breaks to teachers for classroom expenses, and a BIG thank you from the taxpayers of Tennessee for not extending the deduction for local and state sales tax.

Oh yeah, that suspension of habeas corpus for suspected terrorists...good show, hundreds of years of English common law and constitutional protections for the possibly innocent are so squishy-soft. God knows, if you are accused of being a terrorist, you are damn sure a terrorist. Ask the 10 folks from Gitmo who have actually been brought to trial (vs the other 690 still being held without a trial).

I'm against term limits in general for Senators and members of the House, but I am grateful that you, Senator Frist, are standing by your promise to only serve two terms. I think you'll quickly see what the rest of the country thinks of you and your leadership here in a couple of years...

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links