« Home | Ooops he did it again, or Bush shows no intelligen... » | Not in OUR state, or, OH, THAT's why their cage is... » | Guarding MY flank, or, Roger that.. » | Signs of the apocolypse, or, Alex, the question is... » | W.W.E.D, or, Goodbye yellow brick load » | One for my family, one for the little guys, and on... » | a big shout out to the Bush's from Daniel Ortega » | First the House, then the Senate, and now Studio 60! » | They ginned Rummy, or, not better late than never.. » | Winners, Weiners, and Loosers (in honor of Campfie... »

A rose is a Rose, or, a Rose by any other name would still generalize

Is there NOT another blogger in town besides Mark Rose who attempts to contribute to 'Tennessee Voices" (formerly known as Nashville Eye) which is the Tennesseean's citizen op-ed column? Today Rose refutes the argument that we Tennesseans are a bunch of racist louts for not electing Ford. I don't really disagree with his basic premise, but he did manage to sneak in one of his: "ALL LIBERALS" are _______________, or 'ALL LIBERALS' think ___________. In this case, all liberals saw the election results on racial terms.

First of all, Mark Rose doesn't know ALL liberals. I"m sure he's met a couple in his life, and maybe they live up to his straw-man concept of progressivism, but I am so damn sick of being told that 'all ANYBODY' is any one thing. Liberals generally don't agree on much of anything.

It's kind of like saying that all conservatives love Jesus. Hey, I've met Smantix and I know better!

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links