« Home | They ginned Rummy, or, not better late than never.. » | Winners, Weiners, and Loosers (in honor of Campfie... » | life has no meaning, cuz Brit's all up-fed with K-fed » | Follow the money - I see the election 'future' aga... » | Claudia Nunez is not asking for your vote, but she... » | I'm John Hutcheson and I don't approve of your dam... » | The word 'bling' was finally interred today.. » | After one half I can tell you the whole story » | Turn out the lights, the Bryson party is over, or,... » | For the first time in his life, Saddam will be wel... »

First the House, then the Senate, and now Studio 60!

Despite the naysayers and gloomy Nielson numbers, Studio 60 appears to have been given a reprieve and will be around a bit longer. Despite the fact that Sorkin and national Democratic leadership don't read this blog, I'm proffering some advice, and it's kinda the same to both Sorkin and the Dems.

Sorkin - quit dissin' and patronizing the folks in the flyover country. Not only do we 'get' TV down here, but we really don't care about YOUR story. You have the ability to write most excellent dialogue. Make the show funny, use your cast, shed the liberal shibboleths and QUIT INSULTING ME (me as the stand-in for all of us good folk between NY and LA).

Dems - I'm not a Reagan Democrat, but I think I understand a lot of why many Dems went the Reagan direction. They felt forgotten and abused. I have a pretty good feeling that many of those folks 'came back home' in this election. Most of the Dems who won aren't flaming liberals. If they had been, the Dems wouldn't be in the position they now find themselves.

I agree with my neighbor S-townMike that the constitution needs to be restored, but I think that the minimum wage, restoration of Pell grants, tax equity, and other 'middle-class' American issues need to be addressed quickly. We want real lobbying reform, and we want the environment protected. 'Kelo' needs to be addressed, and substance needs to be instilled into the hollow words of Bush when he claims to believe that we are too dependent on oil.

The Republicans had their chance and they became drunk and giddy with power and spending largesse. Let's remove the earmarks, forgo impeachment talk and work with the President to implement meaningful rhetoric-free immigration reform. We have a chance to regain the middle - let's don't blow it like the GOP just did.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links