« Home | Claudia Nunez is not asking for your vote, but she... » | I'm John Hutcheson and I don't approve of your dam... » | The word 'bling' was finally interred today.. » | After one half I can tell you the whole story » | Turn out the lights, the Bryson party is over, or,... » | For the first time in his life, Saddam will be wel... » | As promised, Lee marched into Nashville » | Learning to drive with a hole in your soul, or, wh... » | Smokin' Links » | Unlike REM, Harold can say he loves Jesus, or, Cal... »

Follow the money - I see the election 'future' again, thanks to Tradesports.com

Earlier in the election season I wrote that Bryson was not gaining any traction with the Republican voters in Tennessee based on anecdotal evidence AND more importantly, money evidence. When in doubt, as they say, follow the money.

Tradesports.com
is an Irish futures market (ok, it's pretty much a betting site) where you can buy futures in anything from the onset of the Bird flu to the ultimate winner of 'Dancing with the Stars', but more germane to this discussion, who will win elections in the old U.S.A. For what it's worth, they've never been wrong on a Presidential election and they've been around awhile.

So, based on the fact that people may talk a good game about who will win, but generally won't put their money somewhere unless they are really sure who will win, here's some projected winners from Tradesport.com.

First in Tennessee: Corker wins
Virgina: Allen apparently macaca-ed, Webb wins
Montana: Burns is burned, Tester pass test
Pennsylvania: Casey wins easily
Florida: no-brainer, but I just love the way that Katherine Harris has melted down this year, Harris taken out by full Nelson
Connecticut: Mr. Independent Lieberman wins easily
Maryland: Steele is not man of steel...Card-in
Missouri: Not enough Talent, McCaskill takes it.

Tradesports also has the Dems winning the House and the G.O.P.ers hanging on to the Senate.

I disagree only with the Virginia projection - somehow I think Allen pulls that one out.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links