« Home | a big shout out to the Bush's from Daniel Ortega » | First the House, then the Senate, and now Studio 60! » | They ginned Rummy, or, not better late than never.. » | Winners, Weiners, and Loosers (in honor of Campfie... » | life has no meaning, cuz Brit's all up-fed with K-fed » | Follow the money - I see the election 'future' aga... » | Claudia Nunez is not asking for your vote, but she... » | I'm John Hutcheson and I don't approve of your dam... » | The word 'bling' was finally interred today.. » | After one half I can tell you the whole story »

One for my family, one for the little guys, and one for the road

Yesterday was my youngest son's birthday (he turned 22 - we started having kids when I was 10 and my wife was 11). He got to choose the restaurant for last night's birthday dinner. Apparently, he channeled his inner 'Dry Spot' because we ate a fine dinner at Sportsman Grill (he kinda knew that Palm wasn't really an option). Despite some shaky parentage (at least on the pater part), my kids are growing up well.

Last night while eating we watched the Louisville - Rutgers game. Needless to say, Lynn was beyond thrilled (NOT). I love it when a 'homecoming school' has a good season and knocks off a ranked team. As a Vanderbilt fan, it's nice to see the downtrodden occasionally slaughter the giant. I can only hope the Rutgers win will really screw up the BCS. The entire family was pulling for the Rutgers upset (except for one apathetic mom). As Vanderbilt fans we naturally root for the weak and infirmed.

Lynn and I are heading to Houston this weekend. Our friend Nicky, a wondrously generous spirit, is losing his life to a damned brain tumor. If you pray, please channel your thoughts to Nicky and a miracle. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Peace...

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links