« Home | 3,000 is more than just a number » | Heh, heh... » | Your Tennessean - tripping into Blog-land » | Hey, does this guy have a blog? » | I've been most everywhere man, except any foreign ... » | Happy 2007!, or, I'm sleeping in, can somebody els... » | Two unrelated football notes.. » | Festivus for the rest of us, or, my name may be Ea... » | Life as high school - freaks, geeks, and Friday Ni... » | Elementary, my dear Bush, and Nixon, and Ford »

Some pretty half-baked but mostly sincere resolutions for 2007

I quit making hard-to-keep resolutions many years ago because after a certain amount of time on this mortal coil, there are certain things that just aren't going to happen (getting up early and doing anything more athletic than opening the newspaper and making coffee). In the interest of reality and in full cognizance of my 54 years on this planet AND being alert to the fact that I"ve had stomach/ulcer issues, I am going to kinda try to:

listen to the doctor(s) and drink a higher ratio of decaf to caffeinated (blecch)

actually use my bicycle for something more than a fixture to hold non-bicycle-related things

switch from this stupid blogger to Wordpress (if they continue to have a 'free' version)

NOT switch to Blogger 'Beta' unless they pull Blogger 'alpha' from my 'qwerty' gnarled fingers

meet Emily (Malia's sister)

purchase a Predator's clothing item that will not be obsolete if a trade is made

walk the dogs regularly (I've been on the road a lot lately and gotten out of the normal patterns)

Quit reading blogs/articles/magazines that tell me that liberals/progressives/black people/white people/conservatives are all 'anything' or all believe 'one thing' because if i continue reading my doctor who told me to avoid stress will get on my back

Continue to explore who my 'neighbor' really is, and treat them the way I would want to be treated

Continue to not care what Britney*/Paris/TomKat/Rosie/Donald/Nicole say or do

Try not to commit blogorrhea

Go back to Memphis and have dinner with Lynnster and listen to her talk about music instead of me blathering on as if I had just been given the power of speech after an absence of two years

Meet a blogger east of Nashville

Try and notch down my irascible meter

Attend a Grascals concert

Let people know when they've done something that is wonderful/generous/graceful even if I'm not involved or the recepient

Observe the difference between 'your' and you're'. Just because the Tennessean doesn't get it, doesn't mean that I can screw this up.

Continue to read conservative blogs/journals that challenge me instead of belittling my 'kind'

Try to think of a trip to the 8th Avenue Kroger as an episode of Seinfeld, one in which I'm lucky enough to have a role

More brunches with my friends (love that Alleycats..)

Work to make our neighborhood association (Salemtown Neighbors) more inclusive of ALL of Salemtown

Visit the Frist more often

Tell my family what they mean to me, not just assume they know

Forgiveness, forgiveness.

Walk on every greenway in Nashville at least once (my favorite is the Richland Creek segment)

Meet bloggers whenever I have the opportunity.

Grace.

Continue to explore the Story.



*This is Britney Spears I don't care for or about. I care very much about Brittney Gilbert who is much responsible for the blogging community here in Nashville.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links