« Home | My God, Flipper's got a gun and he's swimming this... » | Sharon Cobb » | The 'Rep' is channeling Martin Luther King.. » | Not enough sense to get in and get out of the rain » | FDA Head resigns - I'm sure there's some horse sho... » | It was SUPPOSED to be the summer of George » | Now HERE'S an ad » | My dinner with Van Hilleary, er, Ed Bryant » | And the answer is: The fastest way to lose any str... » | We CAN be heroes »

Baseball blog neglect - where's the LOVE?


I know there ARE some Nashville bloggers who profess their love of baseball. I read your profiles. I also know that Nashville is more of a football town than a baseball town, and I have to reluctantly accept that. I love the Dores (NOT bandwagoning here, i've been a fan since freakin' 1960 and yes, I have suffered) and I'm a Titan fan, but my heart belongs to beisbol.

We are coming to the end of an exciting baseball season. My beloved Yankees are battling with the devil-spawn Red Sox for dominance in the East. The young whippersnapper Indians of Cleveland are waging a full frontal assault on the wilting White Sox. The suspiciously large-headed Barry Bonds is back and bashing home runs for the Giants who are maintaining a weak pulse of a chance in the West.

The American League season will end next week with the first and second place teams playing each other in series that will probably determine who advances to the playoffs. The National League wild-card race is blazing....yet...

The local blog world is void of spheroid discussion. There is another sport out there you know.

Go YANKEES!

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links