« Home | The 'Rep' is channeling Martin Luther King.. » | Not enough sense to get in and get out of the rain » | FDA Head resigns - I'm sure there's some horse sho... » | It was SUPPOSED to be the summer of George » | Now HERE'S an ad » | My dinner with Van Hilleary, er, Ed Bryant » | And the answer is: The fastest way to lose any str... » | We CAN be heroes » | I can't remember what this is about » | The name game - Salemtown mythology revisited »

Sharon Cobb

I had the privilege two weeks ago to hang out with blogger extrordinaire Sharon for an evening at the Australian Festival in Centennial Park. Prior to that evening I had talked to her approximately three minutes on the phone. We spent about three hours talking, walking, being grateful we didn't spend $15 to sit under a tent to listen to the musical portion of the evening. Sharon is smart, clever, fun, not predictable (a high compliment btw) and someone I now consider a friend.

As most of you know by now, she is going in for surgery today. The cancer invading her body is a cruel imposter that will, hopefully, be removed completely today. Our thoughts and prayers have been requested, and I, like so many others, am not going to deny that request.

Peace and comfort, Sharon.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links