« Home | Yet another theory - Salemtown name game » | North Nashville - Salem's Lots helps out the Tenne... » | Baseball blog neglect - where's the LOVE? » | My God, Flipper's got a gun and he's swimming this... » | Sharon Cobb » | The 'Rep' is channeling Martin Luther King.. » | Not enough sense to get in and get out of the rain » | FDA Head resigns - I'm sure there's some horse sho... » | It was SUPPOSED to be the summer of George » | Now HERE'S an ad »

If you're not watching Veronica Mars...

you are missing one of the best shows on TV. Kristin Bell, the actress who plays Veronica, may be 25 but she plays 17 quite well.

The writers know how to work a story arc over the course of a season without sacrificing the 'watchability' of individual episodes (check out Season 1 on DVD whenever it comes out and you'll see). Veronica is a sleuthing daughter of a private detective who manages to walk the thin line between the cool crowd and the dweebs and somehow masters the domain without really fitting in anywhere.

TV gets high school, maybe because many of the writers are mentally still in high school. TV doesn't do college well - witness any number of shows that centered on high school (Beverly Hills 90210, Dawson's Creek, Buffy) that were decent to good while the kids were in high school, but just totally sucked rocks when the kids went to college.

Veronica M. is as good as any of the aforementioned shows, imo. Kristin B is a star and has now replaced Sara Michelle Geller (buffy) as the ridiculously younger actor who I now I have a crush on...damn, was that my out loud voice???

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links