« Home | Baseball blog neglect - where's the LOVE? » | My God, Flipper's got a gun and he's swimming this... » | Sharon Cobb » | The 'Rep' is channeling Martin Luther King.. » | Not enough sense to get in and get out of the rain » | FDA Head resigns - I'm sure there's some horse sho... » | It was SUPPOSED to be the summer of George » | Now HERE'S an ad » | My dinner with Van Hilleary, er, Ed Bryant » | And the answer is: The fastest way to lose any str... »

North Nashville - Salem's Lots helps out the Tennessean

I realize that I, a North End resident, may be a little bit sensitive on the following issue, but, is it too much to ask for the Tennessean to print at least one news item from North Nashville in their North Davidson edition?

I've included a terra-map of Nashville to help the Tennessean. The area below the 'upside down U' on the map is the main part of North Nashville. The eastern and northern boundary of North Nashville is the Cumberland River. The southern boundary is roughly Joe Johnston street extending out to the TSU campus on the west, and the Bicentennial Mall on the east. I know that some might quibble with these boundaries, but I don't think anyone would argue that the Waverly-Belmont area AND Woodbine school are anywhere near North Nashville. Both Waverly-Belmont and Woodbine school are written up in today's North Nashville edition.

As a long-time Nashville resident, I understand that Nashville geography is confusing. Much of what is commonly known as East Nashville is actually north of downtown. Old-timers know that South Nashville is roughly the Woodbine (Flat Rock for you real old-timers) area, even though the Granny White area is true south. I would have expected the Tennessean to have figured all this out by now.

I understand that the Friday edition of the Tennessean is going to cover some of the exciting new development in my neighborhood (Salemtown), thanks to S-TownMike. What I don't get is how both S-TownMike and I had the story several weeks ago, along with the City Paper, and the Tennessean is just now getting here. Maybe they were trying to find our neighborhood but got lost in Waverly-Belmont.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links