« Home | The name game or, why don't you go sit over there ... » | More religious news, sorta... » | What DOES a Baptist feel like? » | Oktoberfest Sights » | Salemtown at Oktoberfest » | Oktoberfest - Tomorrow (October 8) » | The porches of salemtown - What makes a community ... » | President Bush channels the Blues Brothers... » | No blogs for you - Tennessean holding fast to 20th... » | Pssst..over here, I've got 10 gestation certificat... »

A completely magical blend of enchanting scents and flavors, with a hint of cupcakes

Maybe the Tennessean has it right..maybe we need more stories about the songs on Jeff Fisher's IPOD or a breakdown of Britney Spear's new 'fragrance' (the title of this post is a quote from B. Spears referring to her new perfume). Maybe we need some of those USA Today graphs breaking out who we most lust after or the best triple latte in town or which urinal men go to first if no one else is in the public bathroom.

I'm on bad news overload and I'm beginning to feel like a callous hardened galactic panhead. Begin with the tsunami and break it down to the earthquake in Pakistan. Stir in the fact that the earthquake centered on the politically unstable and contested area of Kashmir. Try not to think of Led Zepp when you hear the word Kashmir. Throw in a hurricane or two and a shattered Gulf Coast. Toss in the price of gas, and then we get to the personal sh..er, stuff.

Hospital visits for my daughter and me. Operations for both. Cars being totalled and boyfriends in redneck jails. Cell phones being run over...the beat and list goes on and on and on..and that's just MY list. Here at work we've got so many family members sick, dying, dead I'm scared to come into work.

We've got 24,000+ civilians dead in Iraq, nearly 2,000 dead American soldiers, and ONE freaking Iraqi battalion battle-worthy on their own. We have nimrods telling us that we don't care about human rights if we don't support Bush and people telling us that liberals all think this way or that, and you know..it just wears my ass out.

We've got a Supreme Court nominee picked basically on the fact that she was the most qualified female in the room. We've got money for bridges to nowhere in Alaska and parking garages in the federal budget and a $5,000,000,000 a month war in Iraq and we're having to borrow most of the cash from freakin' China.

Did I mention we're all going to die from avian bird flu?

Maybe the Tennessean could just put the comics on the front page and Brad Shmitt on the op-ed. Meanwhile I"m still trying to figure out perfume that smells like a cupcake....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, cupcakes.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links