« Home | Oktoberfest Sights » | Salemtown at Oktoberfest » | Oktoberfest - Tomorrow (October 8) » | The porches of salemtown - What makes a community ... » | President Bush channels the Blues Brothers... » | No blogs for you - Tennessean holding fast to 20th... » | Pssst..over here, I've got 10 gestation certificat... » | A mind is a terrible thing to waste, especially if... » | Salemtown sights - Oktoberfest lagniappe » | Walking in Memphis... »

What DOES a Baptist feel like?

In another hard-hitting Tennessean story the paper's crack investigative staff have uncovered that 'Belmont (University) doesn't feel Baptist' so much anymore. I would offer to do my own in-depth study on what a Baptist feels like, but I'm scared that some Baptist guy might not understand the research angle of what I was doing with his girlfriend.

However, in the Salem's Lot spirit of trying to flesh out what the Tennessean started, I did speak to Timothy Davis, current Lipscomb student about his own school, and he stated that it felt 'pretty Church of Christey'. Most other students interviewed felt the same, but there were two Lipscomb alumni here and here who stated that the institution was losing its C of C cred because they wouldn't give the '%#&& $3,000,000' back to the government they received from the Transportation Bill.

At Trevecca Nazarene University, Bob Lawrence, current matriculate, felt that he was speaking for most Trevecca students when he said that 'Trevecca felt nearly 99% Nazaren-ish". In fact, he admitted the 'Nazzy' vibe was so strong he constantly felt compelled to cut his hair. Willie Roberts gave a slightly contrarian view, but he didn't claim any universality, 'I definitely feel justified, but I don't feel so regenerated or sanctified (here) at Trevecca'. Willie added, 'maybe it's because I'm a day student'.

Freewill Baptist students weren't willing to talk to Salem's Lots, so I don't know how Freewilling or Baptist it feels around there...

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links