« Home | A mind is a terrible thing to waste, especially if... » | Salemtown sights - Oktoberfest lagniappe » | Walking in Memphis... » | Know your cuts of meat.......yummmmmmmmmm » | Sunni Day real estate - or why the Sunni's wanna k... » | The greatest story ever told....in Legos » | I read the news today, oh boy...and it pretty much... » | Apparently she doesn't get out much... » | Old to new in S-Town » | Coals to Newcastle, Ice cubes to Maine... »

Pssst..over here, I've got 10 gestation certificates and a turkey baster...

The proposed Indiana Unauthorized Reproduction bill as reported first here in NUVO magazine is probably the best example of the ramifications of the Religious/Social Values So-Call Conservatives wing takeover one can imagine. These goofy Hoosiers are trying to pass a BREEDING LICENSE for humans!

I'm hoping that the state legislature of my native Hoosier state has enough sense to stick this bill in the same type of place as the Nashville Council did with my city Councilman Ludye Wallace's bill promoting a landing pad for UFOs. Both bills exemplify what should be ALIEN ideology to true Americans.

I would hope that the libertarian wing of the conservatives would be as stunned and angry as the progressive world.

My first inkling came from the redoubtable Aunt B who wonders what would happen to Mary if she birthed Jesus in Indiana. I was hoping that Aunt B was in a daze and perhaps was dreaming that her dog Mr. 'W' was speaking to her, but after a little more digging, I discovered she was on to something.

TV on the Fritz channels a succinct summary of the bill here.

Has the arrogance and hubris of the Dobson/Falwell/Robertson troika so engorged the religious right that they think this kind of government over-reach belongs in the USA?

I thought that these guys wanted to get the government OUT of our lives, but apparently what they want is for the government to ferret out the unrighteous and unwashed and stop them from having babies, reading 'To Kill a Mockingbird', and keeping gay people from getting jobs in government funded faith-based agencies.

What's next? The attempted abolition of all sexual positions other than missionary? Better hide your birth control pills.....

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links