« Home | Is that little 50 Cent in your pocket or do you lo... » | He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when yo... » | Some great visual puns » | Democrats could learn from THIS Republican » | The pontiff wants to wear my red shoes » | Salemtown's halfway house » | Quote of the day... » | Good dog vs evil dog » | Should I stay or should I go, or, On or Off track... » | The Steve Gill prayer... »

From Wodehouse to just House, from twit to wit - Hugh Laurie mashup

Netflix delivered to me a wonderfully juicy opportunity for juxtaposition tonight...Volume 2 of Season 1 of the Adventures of Bertie and Jeeves based on the writings of the great comic master P.G. Wodehouse. What's the juxta-twist? Hugh Laurie, star of 'House' also stars as Bertie of whom it could be easily said:

He had just about enough intelligence to open his mouth when he wanted to eat, but certainly no more


Bertie is the cheerful witless uber-twit who, when paired with the classically trained valet Jeeves serves up some of the funniest plots since that vixen Eve derailed Adam via his apple.

Contrast Bertie with Dr. House and what you get is total admiration for Hugh Laurie who handles both roles with complete aplomb and somehow makes each character fit like skin on a snake.

I watched Bertie and House back-to-back and nearly got whiplash - twit to wit in 60 seconds. Kudos to Mr. Laurie and continued thanksgiving for the master - P.G. Wodehouse.

Every author really wants to have letters printed in the papers. Unable to make the grade, he drops down a rung of the ladder and writes novels.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links