« Home | The pontiff wants to wear my red shoes » | Salemtown's halfway house » | Quote of the day... » | Good dog vs evil dog » | Should I stay or should I go, or, On or Off track... » | The Steve Gill prayer... » | You can't possibly make this stuff up.. » | Other job news you might have missed.. » | Hit me in the head once shame on me, hit me in the... » | Reasons to be cheerful...part 3 »

Democrats could learn from THIS Republican

While local Demos are grubbing for a mere $500 bucks for gambling expenses and playing footsie with out-of-state collection agencies, Republican congressman (now ex-congressman), Randy 'Duke' Cunningham went way beyond footsie in his quest for the gold from defense contractors who he managed to 'help' along the way.

In court documents, prosecutors said Cunningham admitted receiving at least $2.4 million in bribes paid in a variety of forms, including checks totaling over $1 million, cash, antiques, rugs, furniture, yacht club fees and vacations.

Among other things, prosecutors said, Cunningham was given $1.025 million to pay down the mortgage on his Rancho Santa Fe mansion, $13,500 to buy a Rolls-Royce and $2,081 for his daughter’s graduation party at a Washington hotel.


Seems the local Dems have a lot to learn in the 'sin boldly' category.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links