« Home | The Steve Gill prayer... » | You can't possibly make this stuff up.. » | Other job news you might have missed.. » | Hit me in the head once shame on me, hit me in the... » | Reasons to be cheerful...part 3 » | Type A babeee or, whooohooo, I'm 10,551st! » | Can you pay attention long enough to read this? » | November 22, 1963 » | Surprised Okie from Muskogee, or, Sometimes it's h... » | Giving to Magdalene »

Should I stay or should I go, or, On or Off track in Iraq

I've generally been one of the middling, 'we shouldn't have gone, but now we can't leave' people regarding US presence in Iraq. Here's a guy who knows a helluva lot more than I do about the situation who says we should go NOW - Gen. William E. Odom, the head of the National Security Agency during the Reagan administration.

"Everything that opponents of a pullout say would happen if the U.S. left Iraq is happening already"


According to Odom:
The US invasion of Iraq only serves the interest of:

1) Osama bin Laden (it made Iraq safe for al Qaeda, positioned US military personnel in places where al Qaeda operatives can kill them occasionally, helps radicalize youth throughout the Arab and Muslim world, alienates America's most important and strongest allies – the Europeans – and squanders US military resources that otherwise might be finishing off al Qaeda in Pakistan.);

2) The Iranians (who were invaded by Saddam and who suffered massive casualties in an eight year war with Iraq.);

3) And the extremists in both Palestinian and Israeli political circles (who don't really want a peace settlement without the utter destruction of the other side, and probably believe that bogging the United States down in a war in Iraq that will surely become a war between the United States and most of the rest of Arab world gives them the time and cover to wipe out the other side.)


Agree or disagree, definitely worth taking the time to read - HERE.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links