« Home | Salemtown's halfway house » | Quote of the day... » | Good dog vs evil dog » | Should I stay or should I go, or, On or Off track... » | The Steve Gill prayer... » | You can't possibly make this stuff up.. » | Other job news you might have missed.. » | Hit me in the head once shame on me, hit me in the... » | Reasons to be cheerful...part 3 » | Type A babeee or, whooohooo, I'm 10,551st! »

The pontiff wants to wear my red shoes

Sharon Cobb got to this story before me, but I'm nothing if not redundant..nothing if not redundant.

According to a recent UPI story:
Pope Benedict XVI is developing a reputation as a clotheshorse with his taste for Prada shoes and designer sunglasses.

The Tablet, a Roman Catholic newspaper in England, points to the new pope's expensive sunglasses, which Vatican officials say were a present. He has also been spotted in baseball caps and red shoes from Prada.




What else is this guy hiding besides those red Pradas under that robe..and a pair of Oakleys on top of his head under the mitre?

I'm guessing that the pope doesnt' have to pop pesos for his Pradas, but I'd love to see him in a commercial touting sunglasses: "I'll SEE you better now that I've got my Oakleys!"

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links