« Home | Sick things that make me laugh » | Puzzle addict, or grumpy etymologist , or me* » | She jumped in before I had a chance to explain... » | Another View » | Stem the veto, President Bush » | Well, it's not in East Tennessee, or maybe he can ... » | My new favorite quote..or, If you want a theocracy... » | There's low comedy, high comedy, unintentional com... » | If I could have any wish....Hilleary v. Hillary ce... » | Please, please don't let the wrong people get hold... »

See this movie!


We just saw a great movie and it wasn’t Pirates of the Caribbean.  That was last night and I can’t remember the last time I was so relieved to see a movie end.  It was fun and exciting but good grief – enough is enough!  How many leviathans does one movie need?

Anyway, tonight’s movie was The Heart of the Game, about a Seattle high school girls’ basketball team and their coach’s seven year battle for the state championship.  For some unknown reason, a guy started filming games and interviewing the coach and players and the story got progressively more interesting and he stuck with it for seven years and man, did it pay off.  Coach Resler is a maverick with an intense, animalistic coaching style, as well as a lot of love for his players.  Great movie despite the awkward camera work.  Highly recommended!



About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links