« Home | Stop, you're killing me..no, really..stop » | Meanwhile back in Iraq (and a hard place), or, an... » | Perry March guilty (department of redundancy depar... » | And "they're" probably not really good at polo eit... » | Something happening here, what it is ain't exactly... » | A conservative still can't say anything racist, or... » | My own ESP, or good GRIEF, how large is that finger.. » | Ridiculous waste of time.. » | I don't think the headings are big enough.. » | Border guards on the Hernando-Desoto, or, Be caref... »

Maybe they should hire George Allen, or, Enhancing Walmart's Image one Arab at a time

Today's stupid racist gaffe comes from the left. Former Ambassador to the UN, Andrew Young, was recently hired by Walmart to enhance Walmart's public image. Apparently, the public doesn't include Arabs, Jews, or Koreans..

Andrew Young resigned from that post last night after telling an African-American newspaper that Jewish, Arab and Korean shop owners had “ripped off” urban communities for years, “selling us stale bread, and bad meat and wilted vegetables.”

In the interview, published yesterday in The Los Angeles Sentinel, a weekly, Mr. Young said that Wal-Mart “should” displace mom-and-pop stores in urban neighborhoods.

“You see those are the people who have been overcharging us,” he said of the owners of the small stores, “and they sold out and moved to Florida. I think they’ve ripped off our communities enough. First it was Jews, then it was Koreans and now it’s Arabs.”


The resignation from the Walmart post was followed by the requisite apology.

“It’s against everything I ever thought in my life,”
.

Now that Young's mouth has outpaced his thoughts, perhaps he should think about retiring from public life and take up swimming shutting up.

Here we see Young not receiving the B'nai B'rith Man of the Year award.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links