« Home | Here's your sign... » | My heated confrontation with Bob Krumm... » | Coffee house entrepreneurs, I'm begging ya....We'r... » | How about 'Thong Girl 4'...there's so much left to... » | I'm sorry, but your time is so UP... » | 99.9% of all light-skinned Biblical action figures... » | Child abuse by canned tanning, or, Little Miss Sun... » | Wonder what setting they used, or, Mr. Bobbitt, yo... » | That's me in the corner, that's me in the spotlight.. » | Tortured reasoning, or, Let's go boarding now, eve... »

Hi, I'm a 21 year old grad from an evangelical school for home-schooled kids, and I got this terrific job re-building Iraq...Qualified, Schmalified

This one makes me angry. Yeah, before I get to the story, yeah, I know that Democrats have used patronage as well.

I wanna hear the neo-con, right-wing, Fox News spin on THIS one:

In the early years of the Iraqi war (after the mission was theoretically accomplished), the patronage office of the Bush admin went into overtime ensuring that those people and companies bidding to help rebuild Iraq were truly qualified.

According to this story in the Washington Post, the Patronage Master Jim O'Beirne and his staff:

posed blunt questions to some candidates about domestic politics: Did you vote for George W. Bush in 2000? Do you support the way the president is fighting the war on terror? Two people who sought jobs with the U.S. occupation authority said they were even asked their views on Roe v. Wade.

Many of those chosen by O'Beirne's office to work for the Coalition Provisional Authority, which ran Iraq's government from April 2003 to June 2004, lacked vital skills and experience. A 24-year-old who had never worked in finance -- but had applied for a White House job -- was sent to reopen Baghdad's stock exchange. The daughter of a prominent neoconservative commentator and a recent graduate from an evangelical university for home-schooled children were tapped to manage Iraq's $13 billion budget, even though they didn't have a background in accounting.


We hear the administration get all teary-eyed and patriotic when they talk about building a democracy, and planting the seeds of freedom, in Iraq. The only seeds planted here were the seeds of patronage, pay-offs, and war-profiteering. I'm sorry, but this is damnable.

I know this is a litany, but if you are for this war, believe in this war, and believe people should die in this war, HOW THE HELL can you support the way this war has been executed and run. This was turned into a jobs program for the kids of administration cronies.

My wish and prayer is that these unqualified mokes and their families would be forced to knock on the door of every damn family who lost a son or daughter in this country in this war, and explain how they got their job and why they got their resume inflated, while the bereaved folks were rewarded with a coffin.

Hey did ya hear about the kid who applied for a job in the White House...not a finance guy, mind ya, but was given the job of re-opening the Baghdad stock exchange....Maybe this all IS a joke.. except for the 2,600+ Americans who have died, and the 50,000-60,000 thousand Iraqi civilians who have died and now these same neo-con loons want to invade Iran...

Read the rest of this, please.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links