« Home | Voters with a blue dress, blue dress, voters with ... » | Living the Playboy life, or, put a cork in it... » | OH...there IS a new course, or, Bush burning old r... » | This one goes out to Newscoma » | I guess we were on a different course, or, has the... » | No brother left behind, or, Nepotism! Boom » | Papa don't preach, or, Don't Cry for me Malawi » | Deep in the Sherwood campaign forest, or, Sir, I'v... » | The coffee gods must be crazy » | Nobody does it better... »

For the love of God, Tim, SHUT UP, or, Nothing a little duct tape couldn't fix

Is there anybody out there who can throttle Tim McCarver (one of the Fox announcers for the World Series)? Apparently I'm not alone. As some of you may know, I love the baseball, and I've watched nearly every pitch of the W. Series. I've also had to turn down the volume to avoid heaving my 15-LB baseball encyclopedia at the screen...WHY???

Tim, once a fine catcher in the major leagues, not only won't shut up, he repeats the SAME thought over and over and over again to the point where you begin to wonder if he leaves the stadium on the short bus.

"Well, David Eckstein, like most of us, has 20 digits. Ten fingers. Ten toes."


Eckstein is the Cardinals shortstop, and yes, he does seem to be reasonably endowed, digit-wise.

"Pitching is such a vital part of the game, as far as winning is concerned"
. Uh, Yeah....

Tim might need to take an anatomy lesson as well. Last night an errant pitch bounced and caught a catcher right in the nuts. As the catcher was on all fours, turning green, and practically retching, McCarver explained that the pitch nailed the catcher in the 'right thigh'...

Any chance we could replace McCarver with Hugh Laurie (the guy who plays HOUSE)? He's on Fox as well, and he probably doesn't know much about baseball considering he's English. Couldn't be any worse, and it'd probably be a helluva lot funnier. And his rudimentary medical training for the show would probably help him at least identify body parts...

Something to keep in mind -- it's raining lightly. The infield could be very wet on ground balls.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links