« Home | More fun with math, or maybe it really is me » | Republican Math - today's lesson is brought to you... » | More fun than a barrel of macacas*, Kickin' in the... » | NFL stomping out the penalty...looks like 4 games.. » | Bringing the Peace Corp Love to Peru, one, uh, tur... » | Exxon's $$$ are safe, or, Free Coffee at the end o... » | Sunday's asshat competition is getting heated » | Slouching towards poetry, or, Is this copyright on » | uh, Mr. Foley, your book is about a year overdue.. » | Ain't we got style, or, Big night at the Schermerhorn »

naughty naughty, or stopping by Spin City on a Snowy evening

"Look, I hate to tell you but it's not always pretty up there on Capitol Hill, and there have been other scandals, as you know, that have been more than simply, uh, uh, uh, naughty emails."

If you don't recognize the above quote, that's the White House spin on the 'ex-Foley-ate' affair. I've been amused by the right-wing spin on this, and fairly dumbfounded by the silence of the religious right. The only analogy I can come up with for the R. right is when N.O.W. sat on their hands when Clinton was pawing Monica. Wrong is wrong is wrong.

But, as I said, the spin-meisters are at work and the talking points are in play...'conservatives are cleaning up their mess quickly and efficiently' - nothing to see here folks move along. Oh yeah, what about abortion, Barney Frank, Mel Reynolds and Prez Clinton..they did bad things toooooo.

If my youngest child had brought up my oldest child as an excuse when he totaled our car (we're 3 for 3 in my family of children totaling cars), I would have laughed and then been really pissed. What other people do is not relevant when you, yourself, a senescent being, make a stupid choice. It's not an excuse. The right-wing world that worships at the altar of 'personal responsibility' should know better.

Foley screwed up. He got caught. Then he was sorry. Then he quit. Nobody cleaned up any mess. In fact, some of his peers may have known about this for quite some time and sat on THEIR hands. If that proves to be true, then there is a really BIG mess to clean up.

For what it's worth, my youngest child took his lumps and took responsibility. That's what I taught all of them, and that's the standard to which I attempt to follow.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links