« Home | Culture Club, or, it's the Scotch-Irish in me.. » | You know what would taste good after all that turk... » | I heard the news today, oh boy, and I didn't under... » | All in the family...what movie are we gonna see » | When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro* » | Things I'm REALLY trying to be thankful for.. » | The best Thanksgiving movies, or, channeling the i... » | Bill O'Reilly is an asshat » | We wanted Kramer, but we got Michael Richards...a ... » | If I catch that damn alarm clock...it's gonna be s... »

Only in the movies, or, Cut the red wire, NO, the BLACK WIRE, BOOM!!!

Nostalgia Central came up with a great list of 40 things you only see in the movies.

I could have come up with a few of the items on this list, such as:

Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German officer, it will not be necessary to learn to speak German. Simply speaking English with a German accent will do. Similarly, when they are alone, all German soldiers prefer to speak English to each other.


But, my favorite is a variation of their 7th item:

7. All bombs are fitted with electronic timing devices with large red digital displays so you know exactly when they are going to explode



Here's my variation. Someone who does not have any idea how to defuse a bomb will be the only person who can get to the bomb in time to defuse it. They will be able to reach someone on the phone who knows how to defuse the bomb. Inevitably the instructions will be straight forward until they get to the final 3 wires: a red one, a black one, and a white one. For some reason the expert will not be sure which one needs to be clipped for the bomb to be defused. Inevitably our hero will select the correct wire..whewwww. My movie dream is that the amateur de-fuser picks the wrong wire..BOOOOM..movie over.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links