« Home | Things I'm REALLY trying to be thankful for.. » | The best Thanksgiving movies, or, channeling the i... » | Bill O'Reilly is an asshat » | We wanted Kramer, but we got Michael Richards...a ... » | If I catch that damn alarm clock...it's gonna be s... » | Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tel... » | Bizarro day - Eagles are turkeys, Titans soar.. » | Dane Cook explained, or, Vito straightens things out. » | A new me, or, Irascibility tiled » | Marriages by Rob, or Angst in my pants, or Keeping... »

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro*

I've been tagged, twice, by Newscoma and Sista. They want to perpetuate the weirdness chain, as in list six weird things about yourself....hmmmm.

1. When I walk down stairs, I whistle. Problem is, I really can't whistle. I blow some notes. I feel sorry for the people in the vicinity of the stairs, especially in the concrete echoing staircases at work, because they probably think that someone is either in pain or a small train is descending the staircase above them. Oddly, I never whistle when going up stairs.

2. I have to sit on the LEFT end of the couch. Maybe it's because I'm left-handed, but I feel disconcerted not sitting on the left end. If one of my favorite teams is playing on TV, I will move you in order to sit on the left end because it is very important to the fate of 'my' team that I am 'in position'.

3. When I'm attending a basketball game and 'my ' team (usually Vandy) has two free throws, I clap three times after the first free throw, if the free throw is made. This 'habit' has enabled Vanderbilt to win on many occasions.

4. I share a love of parallel parking with Newscoma. If they paid people to parallel park, I might be able to afford that summer home in Taos we've always dreamed about. I'm a pretty good driver, but to paraphrase Rainman, 'I'm an excellent parallel parker, I'm an excellent parallel parker'

5. When I look at myself in my bathroom mirror, I channel the voice of Barry White except he is laughing his ass off and saying, BABY, oh, BABY. I don't think I"M baby oh baby. It's like I'm on some odd sit-com and the soundtrack jokingly plays this phrase when the dishevelled sleepy-faced big-headed person slaps water on their fact in order to wake up. Oh damn, I think that was my out-loud voice.

6. Speaking of big heads. I have a very large head. Sadly, when I was a child, my head grew to adult proportions. None of my peers made fun of it though, except in grades 2-12. A sampling of my nicknames:
Basketball head, atomic head, mushroom head, ultra head, fat head, giganto-head, world-class head....I could go on, but I'd need an extra counseling session.


I hearby tag, Sam AND Lynette Davidson, Thomas McKenzie, Parlancheq, Malia, and Ginger.

*quote is from the late great Hunter S. Thompson.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links