« Home | Another picture by my talented wife... » | Can a conservative say anything racist? » | Oil would be well if it ended well, but oils not w... » | The Tennessean got our name right!! » | Tennessee Rubes - What the Gas Guy really thinks.. » | Reaching out to my Republican friends » | If you're not watching Veronica Mars... » | Yet another theory - Salemtown name game » | North Nashville - Salem's Lots helps out the Tenne... » | Baseball blog neglect - where's the LOVE? »

They'll always break your heart...Vanderbilt football...

My friend Rob has been following Vanderbilt football since 1958. I've been a Vandy fan since 1961. Rob has now hardened his heart and refuses to watch, listen or even take phone calls from anyone about Vanderbilt football because as he has explained to me on numerous occasions - "They'll always break your heart".

Despite his prescient advice, I went to the game tonight after telling him that Vandy would be 5-0 when they beat up on weakling MTSU. Maybe it was my fault because I went to the game. All I know is that Vanderbilt choked up like a cat with a four pound furball. Cutler (the quarterback) was great, but the rest of the team apparently drank the old school kool-aid.

Why do I continue to believe, year after year, when the evidence is so overwhelming...well put it this way, if the O.J. jury had evidence as overwhelming as the evidence that Vandy football will fall apart just when you believe they've 'turned the corner', O.J. would be in an 8 x 10 cell finding Jesus..uh, wait a minute..that evidence WAS overwhelming...

Anyway, I've been a fan for 44 years. They've had two, repeat, two winning seasons in all that time. After a modicum of heavy research, I discovered this chart of the brain. Apparently the black and gold dots represent the ability of the brain to block out heartbreak after heartbreak after heartbreak and any and all evidence that the heartbreak will re-occur. Like Huey Lewis, apparently I need a new drug.


About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links