« Home | Letting go (is it a holiday or is it Christmas?) » | Blindfolds for the children of Springfield » | Find the rock star - more visual punnery » | Busy Mom gets Bizzier » | Steve Pavlina has the time » | It's a holiday miracle » | Ahhhhhhhhhh Choo, God bless Samurai Sushi » | From Wodehouse to just House, from twit to wit - H... » | Is that little 50 Cent in your pocket or do you lo... » | He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when yo... »

Good grief - Congress investigating flawed Bowl Championship (BCS) process

One of Jon Stewart's great lines: In times of crises, it is important that Congress looks like they are taking action.

I hate the BCS as much as the next sports loon but, you gotta think there are more pressing matters or for that matter how about just staying home for the holidays.

These hearings were called, of course, by a Republican (Congressman Joe Barton, chairman of the Energy and Commerce Committee). I can only hope that fellow-Texan Congressman Tom 'Gerrymander' DeLay is not on the committee. If his football justice is akin his redistricting skill, Texas will play Texas A&M for the national championship next month.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links