« Home | Please get well, Governor Bredesen..... » | No, I mean it, really, you're killing me...stop...... » | Can you hear me now, or, THERE's that stupid spong... » | A more innocent time... » | The definition of insanity is doing the same thing... » | Got Milk? » | Oh, Osama better not run for office now, or, Racis... » | Take off those red-state shades, or, Doc, my left ... » | Boston Massacre III, or, why I"m sleepy this morni... » | letting the days go by, or , primitive cool »

A Survivor season that Andrew Young might watch...

I read on Parlancheq's blog that CBS has announced the cast for this season's Survivor along with this year's gimmick. I've always been a fan of Survivor, but to me, the show has become stale and perhaps past the shark-jumping stage. Apparently, I'm not along in my waning enthusiasm. Last season's show was the lowest rated edition of Survivor.

This year, the 'tribes' will be evenly split by race and ethnicity. Sadly, no Arabs or Jews to spice things up (CBS looking to keep the Andrew Young contingent watching), but we will be getting an equal dose of whitey, african-american, hispanic, and asian. If nothing else, various stereotypes will be tested and hopefully, the losers won't be required to be groundkeepers for the winners.

The host, Jeff Probst, who's act wore thin somewhere back in season one, has this to say about the separate but equal casting:

"It's not just 18 white people," Probst told the magazine. "Suddenly you have new slang, new rituals--people doing things like making fire in ways that haven't been done on Survivor. I think we have a season where people will say you can never go back to what you were before."

Do Asian's make fire differently than white folks??? Hopefully, the white folks won't use their fire-power to burn crosses.

Personally, I think the show is on its last legs. Unless the four teams consisted of Neo-cons, Hezbollah, Shiites, and Sunnis, that is...now THAT would be fun.

FT: Parlancheq

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links