« Home | Oh God, I am so screwed.. » | naughty naughty, or stopping by Spin City on a Sno... » | More fun with math, or maybe it really is me » | Republican Math - today's lesson is brought to you... » | More fun than a barrel of macacas*, Kickin' in the... » | NFL stomping out the penalty...looks like 4 games.. » | Bringing the Peace Corp Love to Peru, one, uh, tur... » | Exxon's $$$ are safe, or, Free Coffee at the end o... » | Sunday's asshat competition is getting heated » | Slouching towards poetry, or, Is this copyright on »

More of the 'you can't make this stuff up' stuff - Confederate Flag edition

I'm not a big fan of the Confederate flag being displayed in modern times, because it really IS an anathema to many people, but the idea that you should hold the Franklin Civil War commemoration without the Confederate Flag OR antique rifles (safetyfirstdamnit!), is kind of like holding the Passion Play without a cross (don't want people to think we are aligned with the Klan) and Jesus (don't you think we need to be ecumenical?).

Kleinheider and Braisted (and I'm sure many others have already covered this territory).

In fairness, Mayor Miller is back-pedaling on this now, but the thought process that led to the original proclaimation is somewhat frightening.

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links