« Home | Hope I die before I grow up, or, tell me about the... » | Dear Jameson Suites in Jackson » | The blogger gods must be crazy, or the West Tennes... » | Getting schooled, or, Sometimes there are some pre... » | Dinner in the Zone - Lynnzone... » | 4.5 degrees of separation, or less separation for ... » | Just on principle, Merril Hoge is still an idiot, ... » | Whoooohooooo, I'm TIME magazine's MAN of the YEAR!! » | Hey, do you know where this is? » | I know it's cruel and not nice, but these things a... »

Seeing the forest...or, Ok, even though I like to schedule my own thankful days, I'll do the thankful Thursday thing...



I've written a lot lately about the many wonderful people I've met (especially in my West Tennessee Blogger Tour disguised somewhat as a work trip*). I've been really lucky to get to know (and I'm not going to attempt to list them all) folks like Kerry and CLC and Sista and so many more. Without blogging, and without Brittney and her wondrous work, it wouldn't have happened.

But, I want to devote this post to the person to whom I am most grateful. She's not a blogger. She's met a few and knows that they aren't crazed ax-murderer types (at least not the ax part). She tolerates my blogging and blog-reading most of the time (i get a LITTLE obsessive reading your blogs). She has put up with my idiosyncratic behavior, and irascibility much longer than my parents did. She's a person of abundant energy and talent (witness the painting on top of this post). She's a talented cook and a great date. I'm not going to go all 'B-Dub' on ya and describe the outcome of some of those dates, but I can tell you we have three children and none of them were conceived immaculately.

I told Lynnster sometime during my western swing that I've already received my gifts for this year - getting to know so many of YOU. I'm being soppy I know, but the greatest gift of them all is my wife. I think she is beautiful and I know than she is more patient than Job could even dream.

Sadly, neither one of us married an organized person, but we did manage to organize our thoughts well enough to marry the right person (well, I did at least..)

So, thanks to Lynn for the last 29 and 1/2 years.....

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links