« Home | Not that I really get to pick racial spokespeople.. » | Apparently they got the tree on Dickerson Road... » | That'll show him, or, Depriving Lil' Kim of his to... » | Death by copier, or, learning how to use our new c... » | O little town of Bethlehem, how clear..WAIT, What ... » | I say civil, you say sectarian, I say Rumsfeld, yo... » | Attention Tennessee travelers, Starbucks open at M... » | New ending for the Titan-ic... » | Only in the movies, or, Cut the red wire, NO, the ... » | Culture Club, or, it's the Scotch-Irish in me.. »

The STAR-buck-SHIP has landed, or free coffee for me...

After months of watching the sign and the progress of the bricklayers, we finally have our neighborhood Starbucks . Yeah, most of us want a locally owned coffee-house, and yes, the 'Coffee Shop Pending' sign still hangs in the window down 5th (across from Germantown Cafe), but I'm beginning to think it's a tease like that girl I went out with in my junior year at Lipscomb College (it was a college then) a caffeine-scented siren unreachable unless your name is Ulysses or Fido, or something like that..

Anyway, the official opening of 'our' new Starbucks is today. Yesterday they had a 'quiet' opening for folks in the neighborhood and they were GIVING AWAY their normally overpriced coffee products. I managed to only have TWO lattes which may be why my counselor wanted to tether me to some rock last night before throwing the rock out the window. I can be chatty...but I certainly wasn't IraScible!!

For what it's worth, the new S'bucks is on the south end of MetroCenter on the corner of 8th and Dominican, a sliver of land that is technically in Salemtown, which is to say, SALEMTOWN BEAT GERMANTOWN in the coffee house sweepstakes, or to put it another way Naana Naana Boo Boo....

About me

  • I'm John H
  • From Salemtown, Tennessee, United States
  • Cruising past 50, my wife and I have reared three kids and several dogs. I work for state government and daily conspire to deflate bureacracy.
My profile

Links